Name: Greg Cavenagh
Location: Melbourne, Australia
• Deliver best in class services in video display and production
• Opportunity to work at a world class venue!
• New, full-time, permanent role available (CBD based)
At Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) we do more than simply create award-winning events. Fuelled by a passion for excellence and creativity, we work together to turn ideas into remarkable experiences.
We are currently looking for talented and creative individuals to join our team in preparation for the opening of our expansion in 2018. We are recruiting for a range of newly-created positions and invite you to join us during this exciting period of growth to develop your career with Australia’s leading events space.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a suitably skilled Vision Specialist to join our Technology Services team. Your primary responsibility will be ensuring that all our event-based display and projection solutions are delivered to expected levels of quality and beyond our customers’ expectations.
In this role, you will be empowered to…
• Provide specialist advice to our customers, and Planning and Event Delivery teams, on best in class services in video display and production
• Identify, develop and implement new products and services with a focus on customer driven needs
• Support our team with coaching and training on new equipment and providing advice on solutions for event delivery requirements
• Ensure expenditure on vision services is managed within budget and optimise the use of MCEC vision related services to ensure revenue is maximised
You will also be involved in capital expenditure projects that enable MCEC to continue to remain as a world leader in event technology.
Please review the Position Description for more information.
With previous experience in a similar role, you will be a strong communicator and possess advanced skills across the MS Office Suite. You will also possess experience in:
• Experience with projection blending, mapping and maintenance
• Experience with LED based display technology
• Barco, Christie and Panasonic projectors
• Supporting the delivery of large scale events to a variety of event types
In addition to the above, it will also be desirable to have experience in Barco Event Master software, Encore2 and ScreenPro 3 systems.
–==What’s in it for you?==–
Working at MCEC, each day brings something different. Throughout your journey with us we’ll provide you with professional development opportunities and a range of benefits including discounted meals and parking. We’re proud that our employees believe the most special part of the MCEC workplace is our inclusive culture, where every opinion is valued.
Join us to challenge your thoughts, embrace the opportunity to drive your career and to be part of something extraordinary.
Please include a cover letter and CV with your application.
Applications must be submitted online. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates contacted for an interview, so don’t hesitate to apply!
At this stage we can only review applicants who have full Australian working rights.