Novatech Creative Event Technology is one of Australia’s leading providers of entertainment and event technologies. Novatech offer integrated sound, video and lighting systems, 3D pre-visualization, video production and content design for small to large live events and projects as well as providing equipment and operators for some of the most well-known venues in South Australia and Darwin including HQ Complex and Thebarton Theatre and Electric Circus. Their services are backed by a world class team of committed designers and technicians who work together with clients to deliver exceptional results by offering innovative solutions and a genuine passion for what they do.
A new opportunity has been created due to impressive company growth for a Venue Services Assistant to join the passionate Novatech team. Under the direction of the Venue Services Manager you will provide support to Owners and Managers of Venue’s by installing and maintaining night club systems (lighting, vision and audio).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Venue Services Manager and Coordinator with day to day duties;
• Maintain strong relationships with clients preserving open communication at all times;
• Ensure all Novatech equipment at venues is maintained at an excellent standard of operation and appearance at all times;
• Maintain a safe environment for self and all other venue staff and patrons;
• Move quickly and think fast while using excellent problem solving skills and technical ability to guarantee client satisfaction,
• Flexibility in work schedule and a practical sense of urgency are key to this role as you may be required to periodically work extended hours to meet critical milestones and deadlines.
• Prioritise assisting the Venue Services Manager however during quiet times, assist as a Production and Support Staff Member;
• When required, liaise with agencies, artists and performers to ensure their expectations are met and a quality show is provided;
• Continually improve on technical ability, systems operation knowledge and procedure development;
• Be able to work autonomously and self-directed for long periods of time;
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Certificate 3 in Live Production or equal industry experience;
• Intermediate to advanced user ability with Microsoft Suite Products;
• Basic understanding of Vector Works;
• Intermediate computer skills.
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Flexibility to work long days and be on call at all hours;
• Excellent time management;
• Analytical thinker / Problem solver;
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
For more information, contact Tracy Dickens on 8352 0300.