An exciting opportunity exists within Penrhos College for a Theatre Technician (Lighting) to be part of a creative and dynamic environment. The College has a state of the art facility which hosts over 30 College performances as well as external hirers and events for private and corporate functions. The role spans across technical production and has a student interface. This role collaborates closely with the Theatre Manager and College staff for all events and productions and provides support to the Theatre Manager for technical expertise.
This position works 1701 hours per year (Variable time contract) with a salary package of $60,914 p.a.
The successful candidate must have a positive approach to working flexible hours including evenings and weekends (as required) and a commitment to the College’s core shared values of Respect, Integrity, Empathy, Knowledge, Growth and Synergy.
Duties related to this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Clean, service and maintain the technical equipment in the Theatre.
• Liaise with the Theatre Manager in relation to repairs and maintenance of the Rixon Theatre building.
• Provide design assistance in the areas of lighting, audio, AV and sets for college performances.
• Implement the lighting, audio and AV system designs for performances.
The successful applicant will have:
• A formal qualification in Advanced Diploma of Live Production: Theatre and Events (Lighting) or equivalent industry experience.
• Current Working with Children and National Police Clearance or the ability to obtain
• Experience in the operation and servicing of lighting equipment in a theatre environment.
• High level technical skills in:
o Grand MA Control Systems
o Intelligent moving lights systems
o DMX and Ethernet Control topologies
Please refer to the Position Statement for more information: www.penrhos.wa.edu.au/careers
Applications close 9 am Thursday, 3 May 2018
How to Apply
Please read through details on how to apply on www.penrhos.wa.edu.au/careers and submit a Cover letter and CV with current work-related referees. Please address your skills and experience in the cover letter.
Send through your application in one document to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Human Resources Department, 6 Morrison Street COMO WA 6152
Only persons with unlimited rights to work in Australia need apply.
No agency calls please. Applications will not be accepted through recruitment agencies for this role.