Technical Sales Manager
Name: Kelly Meredith
Location: Gold Coast
The Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCCEC) is a world-class venue that accommodates a range of conventions, exhibitions, sporting and entertainment events. As a purpose-built convention and exhibition centre, we offer our clients unsurpassed conferencing and exhibition facilities and services, including advanced technological infrastructure and an in-house Audio Visual (AV) team.
Our in-house AV experts work with all clients from developing creative concepts, through to event delivery and post event debrief meetings to ensure that no matter the size, or level of complexity we deliver an exceptional event experience every time. The AV team have delivered some of the largest and technically complex corporate events held in Australia and is continually working on new ways to bring client concepts to life.
About the role!
Based on the Gold Coast in the heart of Broadbeach, the Technical Sales Manager will report to the Executive Manager Technology, be a part of the AV sales team and will work in partnership with the Sales and Event Management team to provide specialist technical sales advice to clients.
The primary focus of this sales role is selling integrated audio visual and rigging solutions to clients that will lead to innovative and successful live events. Regular tasks and responsibilities that form part of this role to make the sale include:
• liaising with clients to determine their technical production, rigging and audio-visual requirements in order to translate these into technical design specifications for the production team to implement;
• developing and presenting sales proposals based on client needs;
• developing good working relationships with team members, suppliers and clients;
• assisting in business development activities such as client meetings, sales calls and follow up calls to potential clients
• conducting market/competitor analysis and research with respect to competitor activities, market activities, new products and trends;
• maintaining sales budget and monthly forecast data and reports;
• the development of various reports including periodic sales reports to assist in the monitoring of sales performance
• the provision of technical AV advice and assistance to Marketing, Sales, Operations and Event Planning team members as required; and
• attending networking and educational external events such as industry related seminars, functions and conferences.
This position encompasses a mixture of sales, client management and technical knowledge, therefore we are searching for someone who:
• has experience in a sales/business development role with a proven track record of successfully selling products and services to both existing and new clients;
• thoroughly enjoys presenting ideas and concepts to small and large groups and is comfortable hosting clients and networking;
• has a technical mindset and the ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the event production systems and AV services (audio, lighting and vision);
• can independently prepare sales quotes and attend to general administrative duties relevant to the role
• possesses sound working knowledge within the Microsoft Office suite; and
• is professionally presented, enthusiastic, self-motivated and possess a “can do” attitude.
Since commencing in 2004 the GCCEC has experienced exceptional growth and success and this is largely attributed to the talented, dedicated and client focused team. We pride ourselves on being creative, responsive and professional and we always maintain a ‘can do’ attitude to meet our client’s expectations. With this in mind, in addition to skills and experience we are searching for someone with the same values, dedication and commitment to join our team.
To apply please visit our Careers website at http://www.gccec.com.au/careers.html to submit an application online.