Technical Sales Consultant
Name: Deb Findlay
Do you have a strong technical aptitude and experience working in theatre production, live events or commercial A/V? Are you looking to bring your industry knowledge to the next level? We are looking for a quick learner with excellent interpersonal skills to be part of the trusted team that has been supplying and installing professional lighting, audio-visual, staging and curtain equipment for over 30 years.
This is a diverse role in a small and well-respected business that specialises in quality theatre technologies and installations. We focus on providing whole-venue solutions and we work in partnership with our clients to provide innovative, customised and flexible lighting, audio, vision and staging systems. You would be key to maintaining a long-term client base that includes educational institutions, theatres, entertainment venues and commercial sites through sales, technical services and developing integrated solutions.
Our Technical Consultants are encouraged to lead and manage projects, from initial planning through to delivery and handover. You would be working in a friendly, non-competitive team environment with other consultants and technicians, sharing knowledge and building true relationships with clients and suppliers. Success in this role will depend on your ability to ensure that each installation or job is priced and designed appropriately, planned and executed effectively while maximising client satisfaction.
If you are the right person, we will provide sales training and you will have the advantage of working in a role that values your passion for the industry, creativity and leadership.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Conducting site visits and providing product and installation solutions for a range of clients.
• Designing, recommending and sourcing equipment to prepare quotes and project proposals.
• Following the established sales process and participating in all facets of the business to ensure client satisfaction.
• Collaborating with clients, suppliers, architects, and others to create effective solutions for a range of venues.
• Implementing a range of strategies to generate sales opportunities and maintain client relationships.
• Providing technical support and follow-up training to clients.
• Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through training, professional publications and networks.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
• Experience working in one or more industry–related technologies – professional audio, AV, lighting, staging and curtains. We don’t expect that you will be across all that we deal with, just a willingness to learn.
• A passion for theatre and all that is “behind the scenes”.
• Strong visual and spatial skills.
• General knowledge of professional lighting, audio and/or AV products and their applications.
• Excellent organisation, time management skills and good attention to detail (Quality is what we have built our reputation on).
• Experience with interpreting plans, conducting site measurements and developing integrated solutions.
• Proficient computer skills with ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office software. CAD experience is desirable.
• Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to effectively work autonomously and within a team.
• Initiative and a willingness to undertake self-learning.
This permanent position offers a negotiable salary package – base (commensurate with experience and skills) + super + bonus + mobile + laptop. We provide pool vehicles, tools of the trade and transparent HR contracts and procedures.
Applications via email only – firstname.lastname@example.org