Do you have a strong technical aptitude and experience working in theatre production or in events? Are you looking to bring your industry knowledge to the next level? We are looking for a quick learner with good interpersonal skills to be part of a team that has been supplying and installing professional lighting, audio-visual, staging and curtain equipment for over 30 years.
From individual product sales to fully integrated venues, you would be key to maintaining a long-term client base that includes educational institutions, theatres, entertainment venues and commercial sites. This is the ideal position for an individual looking to be a part of a well-established business that offers a varied role and work/life balance.
If you are the right person, we will provide sales training and you will have the advantage of working within a non-competitive sales team environment.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Experience working in industry–related technologies – professional audio, audio-visual, lighting.
- Excellent organisation, time management skills and good attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills with ability to use Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office software. CAD (or Visio) experience will be beneficial.
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Good visual and spatial skills.
- Ability to effectively work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
- Initiative and a willingness to learn.
Key Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Conducting site visits and providing product and installation solutions for a range of clients.
- Ensuring each sale or installation is planned and carried out efficiently and on budget.
- Designing, recommending and sourcing equipment to prepare quotes and project proposals.
- Following the established sales process and achieving a range of sales targets.
- Participating in all facets of the business to ensure client satisfaction.
- Collaborating with clients, suppliers, architects, and others to create effective solutions for a range of venues.
- Recording and updating all contacts, activities, leads, and follow-ups in the CRM system.
- Implementing a range of strategies to generate sales opportunities.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through training, professional publications and networks.
The position offers a negotiable salary package – base (depending on experience and skills) + bonus + mobile + laptop.
Applications via email only – firstname.lastname@example.org