Yarra Valley Grammar in Ringwood is a leading, coeducational school in the Anglican tradition catering for students from Early Learning to Year 12.
We understand that the value of boys and girls working together to develop teamwork, sociability and self confidence. Yarra Valley Grammar is a school with an affirming culture which gives its students the confidence to achieve.
This role provides technical services and venue supervision for Yarra Valley Grammar presentations and productions for School staff, students and parents as well as for external clients of the Performing Arts Centre (PAC). This service role involves representing Yarra Valley Grammar to the community as a whole.
This is a rare opportunity for the right applicant to take on a vital role in our newly renovated 895 seat venue, now complete with sophisticated hoist system. Our venue is of one of few attending to the needs of both School and community users alike. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding person to this very important position in our Performing Arts Centre team.
The Technical Production Supervisor is responsible to the Performing Arts Centre Manager who in turns reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager.
This is a service focused role and requires the provision of technical operation, oversight and advice to School staff and external clients of the PAC. The incumbent is regarded as a specialist in the field of audio, lighting and audio-visual equipment and its operation and will be required to provide current, safe and accurate advice on its use. The position includes evening and weekend work and due to the varied work hours relating to the position, responsibility for the open up and lock up procedures of various venues is required.
1. Organisation and implementation of internal / external client technical requirements
2. Venue supervision of productions/events
3. Audio, Lighting and audio-visual operation
4. Scheduling and supervision additional casually employed technicians
5. PAC systems maintenance
6. Ensuring O H & S compliance
7. Undertaking inventory of technical consumables inventory
• Strong customer service attitude and application
• Great communication and organisational skills
• High level of initiative
• Being able to work both alone and as part of a team
• Flexibility with regard to late changes in shift arrangements.
• Ability to act rationally under stress
• Flexibility in regard to out of hours work
• Proficiency in the use of computers, IT, theatrical and A/V equipment
• Current motor vehicle drivers’ license
• Working with Children Check
• Police check
Previous applicants need not apply.
Yarra Valley Grammar is a Child Safe School with a zero tolerance for Child Abuse