Technical Officer – University of Technology Sydney
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Audio Visual Services division is actively recruiting for a Technical Service Officer to join the team on full time basis.
Audio Visual Services (AVS) provides an extensive range of instructional technology services and equipment to over 5000 clients, primarily involved in group teaching and learning activities using centrally timetabled rooms. Clients are dependent on user friendly, reliable and appropriate presentation equipment to successfully execute their learning activities
The Technical Officer is responsible for the installation, maintenance, repair and development of AV equipment and facilities. You will ensure the availability, quality and reliability of teaching, presentation and production resources on all campuses
• Crestron and BSS programming
• Video Conferencing
• Lecture capture and recording solutions
• Digital Signage
• Testing of prototype technology
• AV equipment installation and replacement
• Client Support for use of AV Technology
Main skills/experience required:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in maintaining and installing audio visual equipment and systems.
• Extensive experience in client support in the use of AV Technology in production, education & corporate environment.
• A recognized qualification or relevant industry experience in the fields of electrical engineering, audio visual installation or technical production for live events.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in the design, construction, installation, diagnosis and repair of sophisticated equipment or systems.
• Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict.
Base Salary Range: $65,956 -$82,839 (HEW 5/6)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on full time continuing basis.
How To Apply
Prior to commencing your application for IRC109290, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document.
Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC109290.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Tuesday 15th March 2018 11:59pm (AEST)
Applicants must have current and valid work rights in Australia.
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.