The Street Theatre in Canberra, ACT, is seeking an experienced and motivated Technical Coordinator to join the team. The Technical Coordinator is responsible for providing technical and production support in the planning and delivery of the Company’s activities, including providing support for The Street’s stage productions.
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the technical operations at The Street Theatre.
The role has two areas of responsibility: PRODUCTION & TECHNICAL
To coordinate, supervise, and deliver technical operations of all productions, shows, and events at The Street Theatre to national standards;
and VENUE & EQUIPMENT
To manage the maintenance of The Street Theatre’s technical and theatrical equipment and spaces.
This role forms a key part of the permanent Street team, working closely with creative teams and suppliers to ensure that all production requirements are achieved to the highest standard.
- Relevant training and/or tertiary/professional qualification, demonstrated theatre technical experience, or an equivalent combination of both
- Medium-High level of competency and experience in relevant production operations: lighting, audio visual, sound, stage operations, assessments, production schedules, and OHS compliance
- Strong knowledge and experience in theatre production techniques
- Ability to work independently and exercise initiative
- Proven ability to work successfully in a multi-project environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to work cooperatively as part of a small busy team
- Strong planning, organisation and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff
- A high level of computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must hold a current driver’s licence
A knowledge of and interest in contemporary theatre, music, and live performance
Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety requirements in a production environment
Experience in lighting design or interest in developing lighting design skills
The successful applicant will be a clear communicator, have an empathy for creative processes, and be an active participant in pre-production planning, rehearsal activity, and production. This role will involve irregular hours including evenings and weekends and considerable flexibility will be required. This role does require some lifting and climbing ladders.
If you are interested in the role please send your CV and a cover letter for the attention of:
Applications close at 6pm on Monday 3rd December 2018.
For further information and position description contact Caroline Stacey email@example.com or call 02 6247 1519.