A rare and exciting opportunity to join our Technical Team on a full-time basis. Interacting with both commercial and community hirers, this role will supervise technical staff by assuming the role of technician in charge for nominated shows and events. This role will assist in ensuring that lighting equipment is maintained to a high standard and that technicians have the skills to operate lighting and other theatre equipment effectively and safely. This role works closely with the Technical Coordinator assisting with cost estimates, pre-production meetings and coordinating hirer requirements. Your awareness of trends in new lighting technology will be well regarded.
To be successful you will have:
– Proven experience with theatre technology with expert skills in stage lighting systems and lighting design, with knowledge across a variety of technical production disciplines, ideally in a performing arts theatre setting.
– Advanced knowledge of lighting equipment maintenance and experience with ETC lighting consoles.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on building a team and creating trust.
– Experience supervising staff.
– Proven dedication to the delivery of excellence in customer service.
Further detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the position description available at https://www.gpac.org.au/about-us/careers/
For specific enquiries regarding the role, please contact the Director Production Operations, Shaun Woodhouse on 03 5225 1223.
To apply for this fabulous opportunity please provide a cover letter, detailed response articulating your ability to meet the requirements outlined in the position description and current CV. Your application should be submitted to: email@example.com to attention Tineke Barry, Human Resources Coordinator.
Geelong Performing Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and values the contribution that diversity brings to the workplace.
Geelong Performing Arts Centre is strongly committed to the safety and well-being of all children that interact with our organisation. We have zero tolerance for child abuse.
Geelong Performing Arts Centre encourages applications from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders and those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Applications are open to those with full-working rights in Australia.
Applications close: Midnight Sunday 17 March 2019