Staging Project Co-ordinator / Event Rigger
Name: Heather Bullen
Phone: 08 9371 6400
Location: Perth, WA
We are seeking a reliable and experienced full time Staging Project Co-ordinator / Event Rigger to join our team.
Clifton Perth is a major Event Production company in the WA events industry, an industry that operates in a highly deadline driven environment, with 24/7 timelines. We install and dismantle various aspects of both small and large indoor/outdoor events, including: staging, ground support structures, lighting, draping, AV/screens, audio etc. The role of Staging Project Co-ordinator / Event Rigger is an exciting and sometimes stressful position at peak times, and this requires a highly organized, punctual and composed person with good people management skills. You will be often be required to work on weekends/evenings, and long hours over the peak summer period (October – March).
We are looking for someone experienced in working with event staging and rigging (lighting and AV experience also preferable); in a large event set up. You will have to be prepared to work long hours, be physically fit and the ability to work well in a team. Punctuality and a well maintained appearance are a must.
The suitable candidate will be enthusiastic, flexible and have a passion for the live events industry. Your main role during summer months will be to work on various event sites around Perth, and you will be responsible for running and organising a crew of up to 10 casual staff. You will complete rigging duties and installations of ground supports, staging, lighting rigs, etc. The role will also include delivering equipment to various sites around Perth (driving a manual truck or van).
When not managing crew or rigging on site at our events, you will be based in our Bayswater warehouse and will be part of a small team responsible for: completing shipments / hires by processing and loading orders; assisting with the safe receipt, storage, retrieval and timely dispatch of goods; general organisation/maintenance of the area and equipment.
• Providing rigging services for events, and managing crew on site when required.
• Ensuring all equipment that leaves the warehouse is in working order and show ready.
• Loading and unloading of trucks and vans.
• Completing deliveries by driving truck or van to and from venues.
• Implementing the company’s Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the Warehouse / On-site.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team; and to assist / manage other staff members as required.
• Ability to maintain a professional manner within a stressful and fast paced environment.
• Ability to cope and manage multiple projects.
• Hard working, can-do attitude.
• Good level of fitness.
• Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
• Passion for the events industry!
Essential experience / REQUIRED LICENSES
• 5 years event/entertainment rigging experience (preferably working on event Ground Support structures or large staged events)
• Current Advanced Rigging ticket
• Full and valid manual driver license (truck licence preferable)
• Working at Heights
• Current forklift license
• White card
• EWP license (preferable but not essential)
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV to Heather Bullen: firstname.lastname@example.org