SPECIAL EFFECTS TECHNICIAN
Michael Cassel Group is seeking to recruit an exceptional, experienced Special Effects Technician to work on Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Parts One and Two) in Melbourne, Australia.
To be successful in this exciting role, you will have significant experience working with special effects on large scale productions. You will have had direct responsibility for and experience working with the following:
• Advanced experience in the operation, programming and maintenance of liquid flame systems; gas flame systems; electronic firing systems and Galaxis™ firing systems.
• Licence to Use Fireworks as a Pyrotechnician.
• Advanced experience in the use of special effects in close proximity to cast, crew and general public.
• Experience in the handling, storage, and use of high pressure compressed gases and dangerous goods including both gases (nitrogen, propane) and liquids (flammable, toxic, corrosive, carcinogenic).
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of risk management including the use of appropriate PPE and management techniques to protect both users and bystanders from hazards associated with the use dangerous goods and flame systems.
• Training in fire-fighting and fire suppression.
• First aid training including emergency burns treatment and management.
• Moderate/entry level experience in live theatre.
The Special Effects Technician, in addition to their duties relating to the daily upkeep and operation of all special effects systems and equipment, will also support the mechanist department, assisting with the day-to-day staging requirements of the production, including performance duties.
This position requires an extraordinary attention to detail, an ability to manage complex systems with high levels of risk, and to work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, collaborative environment. To be successful in this role we would expect that you have had a minimum 2 years working with special effects.
This is a full time, award position, for a run-of-play term, commencing ASAP.
For full details and to apply, visit www.michaelcassel.com/recruitment
Applications close on Friday 22 March 2019.