Service Technician Victoria
Who we are
Show Technology was founded on a simple idea: that companies can be successful by putting the customer before everything else.
We distribute the world’s leading lighting brands to theatres, convention centres, schools, clubs, production companies, TV studios, venues, and anywhere else that may need our invaluable experience.
In 2019 we turn 25 and in our quarter-century of existence, we have managed to establish ourselves as leaders in our market. We are an exciting company working with the industry’s experts in our field and our team is united by a shared passion for lighting technology.
Our team holds a wealth of industry technical experience and respect with many of our staff having been with us for over a decade but we need more help as we continue to expand and grow to support our industry. It’s a great place for lighting guys and gals to work if they are tired of being on the road!
Our headquarters are in Sydney and we also have offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Auckland. We offer a casual, friendly and secure working environment in a well-established, growing company which still manages to maintain its family-business culture.
Show Technology, it’s a passion not work.
We are looking for a professional, motivated individual to join our Operations team as Service Technician in our Operations team in Victoria. This is a full time role reporting to the Operations Manager, which would best suit a friendly, willing-to-help team player who has the ability to operate in a fast changing environment and keep high quality customer service as a priority. A passion for electronics and experience with fault-finding is key to this role, on the job training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Entering service jobs into the ‘Service Manager’ system
- Fault Finding and repairing of electronic and mechanical equipment
- Completing quality control checks
- Ensuring tight turnaround times are met
- Estimating service jobs to customers
- Ordering of spare parts
- Assist in Pre-delivery of stock
- Assist in general warehouse duties when required
- Provide phone support to customers and colleagues
- Assist in rolling stock takes
- Comply with HSEMS and company policies and procedures.
To be successful in this role you must have these essential skills:
- Passion and experience in electronics
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work under or without supervision
- Attention to detail
- To be driven to achieve results
- A passion for efficiency
- A demonstrated concern for high quality customer service
- The ability to operate in a fast changing environment
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to conduct manual heavy lifting as required.
PERKS OF THE JOB
- Based in Port Melbourne VIC, an attractive salary package is on offer commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience, as well a supportive team environment, parking and lunchroom perks! If you are a driven and motivated individual looking for a career in an exciting industry, please apply!
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter email to email@example.com with with REF: Service Technician.
Applications close Thursday 31st January.