Name: Installed Systems Manager
Phone: (02) 8755 8700
Location: 9-11 Leeds St, Rhodes, NSW 2138 Australia
For more information visit: http://www.papeople.com.au/index.php/about-us/careers
The P.A. People enjoy an enviable reputation for delivering quality Sound Reinforcement, Performance
Lighting, Audio Visual Systems, Video and Communication solutions over the past 40 plus years with a
strong focus on design excellence, quality workmanship and outstanding customer service.
Our first priority is to understand the needs of our customers and then tailor a solution to meet those
needs. Our engineering based approach has seen the company build an extensive prestige customer base,
some of which are The Sydney Opera House, BOC Gases, Stadium Australia, NSW Parliament House, Sydney
University, Olympic Tennis Centre, The Capitol Theatre, St Mary’s Cathedral and many more.
The Installed Systems team is the largest group within The P.A. People in terms of revenue generated and
staff numbers. The team’s strength is that it covers every aspect of a solution from the sale, through design,
engineering, installation and commissioning. Our mission is to deliver the right solution at the right price,
on time and with the performance and workmanship quality solutions demand.
As part of the Installed Systems team, the Sales Engineer oversees the customer’s experience in the
introductory phases of their relationship with The PA People. Whilst initially this will be restricted to
scoping, pricing and delivering our solution in answer to the customer’s requirements, the scope of the role
will develop in line with the capabilities and experience of the individual. The Sales Consultant is
responsible for, but not limited to the on time delivery and tracking of professionally structured quotes.
Variety in the role is afforded by the expectation of a thorough scope of the work to be carried out prior to
the production of the quote or tender response.
You will use your ability to read and interpret requests for quote and tenders, design drawings and
administrative contracts to ensure the customers and prospects you work with receive an appropriate
response to their needs. Essential to achieving consistent results are your highly effective planning,
organising and problem solving skills together with your strong communication skills (both written and
verbal) to draw in resources to assist your goals.
Commercial acumen together with a strong understanding and capacity to meet client requirements with
diplomacy and sensitivity to solving complex problems are fundamental to this position. You will have the
opportunity to seek out and develop new business and markets for the company’s range of products.
Key areas of responsibility
Liaise with Installed Projects team for a given project
• Be involved in handover meeting with Project Managers. This may be either internally for smaller
projects or with the client for larger or more sensitive projects. These meeting may take place on or
off site as determined between yourself and the project manager.
• Learn from previous installations as to “what worked and what didn’t”. Seek feedback from your
team members as to the best solution for your customer. Confirm intent of the client for system
performance and usability.
Planning the project, materials and resources
• Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stakeholders and resources
• Monitor quotes sent out as to their expected approval percentage and possible timeframe
• Create proposed bill of materials for the project managers
• Document site specific risks and opportunities pertinent to the installation undertaken
Day to day Management
• Deliver quotes to customers within their expected timeframe
• Determine labour requirements and equipment required to meet customer expectations
• Manage the customer relationship and expectations
• Intimately understand the requirements of the project
• Recommend solutions based upon knowledge learned and sought from peers
• Record and track sales performance against agreed measured targets
• Record and track communications with customers
Evaluate system and design systems in detail to a high standard of quality
• Use engineers (internal and external) as appropriate.
• Discuss any possible errors or omissions with others in the team. Follow conclusions/ solutions
through to an end, both technically and commercially.
Liaise with clients for a given project
• Ensure the client’s need is met with the proposed/installed system. Resolve any points of
uncertainty or question, involve sales if appropriate.
• Working with each project manager to ensure client is kept up to date with the program, progress,
any delays or changes to the program and/or the system.
• Be aware of variations to projects.
• Answer any queries the client may have regarding the program or the system. Involve others as
• Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of documents to the client as required (inc RFIs,
transmittals, variations, valuation claims, invoices, insurance certificates, SWMS, safety plans,
technical documents including block diagrams, schedules and layout drawings). The actual
document types will vary depending on the system and installation site.
Evaluation & Reporting
• Track and report each quote and their relative position in the pipeline.
• Generate monthly summary to Manager – Installed Systems.
• Ensure project profitability.
• Create, maintain and constantly look to improve sales processes.
• Provide explanations of sales processes.
• Team members
• All levels of Management
• Work with the following tools:
• MS Office, Outlook, Word, Excel
• Greentree (ERP System)
Term of employment
• Full time position after an initial probation period in line with the FW Act 2009.
• Demonstrated excellence in developing and maintaining long term customer relationships
• Ability to understand and define a customer’s requirements then translate this into a scope for
• Skill to build and persuasively present to key decision makers so as to maximise sales win
• A solid background of sales achievements against set performance measurement targets
• Excellent organisational, time and travel scheduling skills to ensure maximisation of your efforts to
meet sales and customer contact targets.
• Experience in managing a customer database and CRM tools, and the ability to be held to a high
level of accuracy with data collection and entry.
• An ability to maintain confidentiality when appropriate, especially when dealing with business and
• Good organisational, multi-tasking, analytical & problem solving skills.
• An open-minded approach to new ideas combined with a fair, positive ‘can do’ attitude to
practices, processed and operating procedures
• Consistent track record and ability to keep up to date with industry knowledge and developments
• Excellent English communication skills (verbally and in writing) – demonstrable
• Have Australian residency and hold a current driver’s license.
This position description is subject to review and change from time to time as the company’s needs change.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE