Name: Craig Smith
Location: Port Melbourne
Who we are:
Grande Exhibitions owns, designs, creates and produces exhibitions all over the world. Our track record is over 170 exhibitions that have shown in over 130 cities, in 32 languages across 6 continents, and attracted over 15 million visitors. We have a worldwide reputation for excellence, and always deliver above expectations. Our focus is on subjects with broad appeal; we develop content around the principles of education, entertainment and interactivity. Our exhibitions and installations are shown in museums, galleries and entertainment venues throughout the world.
Learn more about what we do at
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager / Technical Director with a background in live events and a focus on advanced vision systems, who is passionate about immersive experiences.
As part of the production team this person will be responsible for the planning, installation, remote support and deinstallation of our touring exhibitions globally. The roll is based out of our Head Office in Port Melbourne and includes extensive travel globally to manage technical productions abroad. This role also includes ongoing R&D to ensure GE remains a market leader within the industry and to ensure we offer quality stable systems globally. Duties include project management and technical design of our traveling exhibitions. With onsite duties covering the installation of AV equipment, line up, maintenance of multi-channel projector systems, multi-channel audio systems, integrated lighting systems and the training of local staff.
What you will do:
- Generate detailed preproduction plans for the installation and commissioning of our exhibitions globally.
- Oversee the freight and logistics of Grande’s touring assets related to your projects.
- Work with international clients to ensure the smooth operation of our exhibitions.
- Travel globally to oversee the realisation of your projects with a local team
What you need:
- Proven success, experience and knowledge in managing high end AV systems.
- Experience leading and managing technical staff.
- A high aptitude for multichannel video systems and blending.
- Strong working knowledge of Dataton Watchout and Sketchup.
- Exceptional problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- An eye for detail and a high personal standard of work.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to handle various projects at one time.
- Ability to be flexible in a varied and constantly changing business with a determination to succeed in a challenging and competitive industry.
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills.
- 10 years of related work experience.