Mandylights is the region’s largest entertainment lighting and production design house. Since 2006, the company has delivered projects in over fifty five countries around the world including world concert tours, innovative light artworks, permanent architectural installations and special events including broadcasts, festivals, experiential events and corporate activations. The company has offices in Australia and the United Kingdom and includes over a dozen full time designers, technicians and management staff. Mandylights is currently working on projects around the world and is seeking the support of a full time production manager to assist with the planning and delivery of these exciting works.
A Mandylights Production Manager is responsible for the organisation of production equipment, staff and logistics for a wide range of Mandylights projects. Reporting to the General Manager and Managing Director, this position requires management and development of productions ranging from permanent installs to temporary, touring and one off events in Australia and around the world. While focusing on specific projects that require more traditional production management, this position requires active involvement across the business’ management and continuing expansion. Ideally, the production manager will grow with the business as it continues to grow and evolve while working across multiple facets of the entertainment industry.
This is a full time position, based in our Australian office in Leichhardt (Sydney).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Collaboration with management, creative and production departments to accurately develop costs and quotes for new projects
– Develop and manage budget, schedule, equipment, transport and crewing requirements for multiple projects in conjunction with the rest of the Mandylights team
– Assist with the delivery of WH&S components for both projects and internal procedures
– Manage the delivery of projects as required, including adapting to changing and evolving goals as is common in the entertainment industry
– Act as a point of contact for clients and staff alike during the planning and delivery phases of production.
– A minimum of three years real-world experience in production management in the entertainment industry
– A working knowledge of VectorWorks or similar CAD programs
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Proficiency with MacOS and standard applications including Pages, Numbers and Microsoft Office
– Excellent organisational skills
– Outstanding customer service and the ability to communicate effectively and passionately with clients
– Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets and to balance creative goals with financial realities
– Ability to work with, train and develop staff of all skill levels
– Unhindered ability to travel overseas, including engagements that may last longer than a month at a time
– A clean criminal record and ability to pass a working with children check
– A demonstrated understanding of standard WH&S procedures including creation of SWMS and risk assessments
– Working knowledge of lighting, audio, staging, video and construction concepts
– A strong desire to work on exciting, unusual and challenging projects
– A valid drivers licence
Highly Desirable Skills
– Work experience in countries outside of Australia
– Specialisation in either lighting, audio, staging, video or construction areas of the entertainment industry
Please include a cover letter with your CV that addresses all of the required skills listed above, and forward your email to email@example.com
Applications close August 17, 2018