Name: Julie Tuckwell
Phone: 02 9582 0909
Jands Pty Ltd, one of Australia’s leading manufacturers and distributors of professional audio, lighting and staging products, is seeking a vibrant Operational Assistant to assist the Applications Engineering and Training (AET) Department.
This is the perfect opportunity for a live production buff to get a ‘foot in the door’ with one of the industry leaders and work with professional audio, lighting and staging experts. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to further his or her skills and has a passion to get hands on with the latest technology.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
– controlling and tracking company demonstration stock and associated equipment;
– prepare, test and despatch resources and equipment for events, tradeshows, training schools;
– assisting with bump in/bump out for tradeshows and events at a range of venues;
– coordinating equipment for and setting up/packing down of training venues as required;
– maintain demonstration equipment, ensuring equipment is in good working order and
maintain accurate records of demonstration equipment movement using dedicated rental control system
– undertaking designated clerical duties and attend to routine correspondence and reports as required.
The successful applicant will possess:
– passion for live production, coupled with desire pursue a career in the production industry;
– experience with professional audio systems in applications such as theatres, live production, contracting etc. or tertiary qualification/s in production;
– good understanding of the requirements and operation of modern sound and lighting systems including operation;
– sound written and verbal communication skills;
– intermediate level of computer literacy;
– ability to work efficiently within a team environment and with minimum supervision;
– current and valid driver’s licence;
– forklift licences (desirable);
– experience using Rental Inventory management systems such as Rental Point (desirable);
– willingness and self-discipline to pursue further industry education.
Some intra/interstate travel may be required on an intermittent basis.
To apply for this exciting new role, applicants should forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, along with their resume to Human Resources.