Do you have experience in scheduling on-road crew & supervising warehouse staff? Do you want to work in the events industry & love a challenge?
If you like to work in a stimulating role dealing with lots of different people and have a firm but fair approach this could be the job for you.
Since 1990, Staging Rentals & Construction has provided specialist stage, draping and event construction services to our customers across numerous industries and has operations in the Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane markets.
We are currently looking for a Logistics Manager to join the Operations Team in our head office based in Alexandria.
Working closely with and reporting to the Head of Production, this role is responsible for planning, leading and controlling the logistics activities of the Company ensuring the efficient and cost-effective scheduling of appropriate on-road crew and transport for the installation and bump-out of jobs on time – every time.
This is a full-time role responsible for planning, leading and controlling the logistics of the Company. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
• Directing on-road crew performance daily, leading by example and going out on jobs if required
• Scheduling the appropriate crew, vehicles etc. to ensure the timely and cost-effective install/return of jobs, working on multiple jobs at once
• Contingency planning for anticipated busy periods
• Ensuring the Logistics role is covered 24/7 – delegating where necessary
• Liaising with other Operations Depts on daily job staffing and truck requirements
• Recruiting and cultivating your own team of reliable casual staff to work as on-road crew
• Ensuring staff are trained in the Company’s equipment, work practices, OH&S and first aid procedures
• Evaluating on-road crew in regards to continual employment, pay rates etc.
• Monitoring and reconciling job costs
• Maintenance of Company trucks
To be successful in this challenging role you will require the ability to gain and nurture respect from a constantly changing casual workforce as well as having great attention to detail to ensure that crew, vehicles etc. are appropriately matched to jobs.
The desire and willingness to work outside normal work hours from time to time and being contactable by phone after hours depending on jobs is essential.
Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience. Full training and support will be provided.
Please forward your application (covering letter and resume) to email@example.com