Name: Pip Rigter
Phone: 02 4224 5950
Merrigong Theatre Company is a not for profit company which operates Wollongong’s premier performing arts venues, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre and the Wollongong Town Hall. The company also commissions, produces, presents and tours professional theatre.
This is a permanent full time position and is required to assist in the planning and realisation of the lighting requirements of incoming shows and assist with in-house Merrigong productions. The position plays a key role in our technical department and will work with the team in delivering all technical aspects for a variety of theatre performances and events.
The successful candidate for the role will need to show a high level of initiative, strong communication skills and relevant industry knowledge and experience. They will also contribute to a positive team and work culture.
Merrigong encourages applications from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The position will require the candidate to undertake the following tasks:
• Liaise with incoming production companies as required and provide a high level of customer service to users of the centre.
• Create basic lighting designs (where required) and to assist venue hirers to realise their technical needs within the limits of the venues capabilities.
• Input and retrieve data from the event management system and to assist in reconciling timesheets, hirer reconciliations and finalise estimates for upcoming shows as required.
• Set-up, maintain and operate stage lighting, audio and visual equipment and stage machinery.
• Participate in, and lead where necessary, the bump-in and bump-out of productions and events.
• Act as duty technician when required.
• Assist with in-house production requirements as required.
• Work with show crew on the floor to realise the theatrical requirements of a variety of live productions and events.
• Assist in the maintenance of technical equipment, plant, building and fixtures.
FOR FULL POSITION DESCRIPTION & DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY GO TO OUR WEBSITE
Applications close: 5 pm Monday 21 May 2018
Casual Lighting Technicians
If you are interested in applying to be in our casual pool of Lighting Technicians please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your availability.