Lighting Sales & Support Specialists (Sydney & Port Melbourne)
Name: Jessica Castor
Location: Mascot, Sydney Port Melbourne, Victoria
Jands Pty Ltd is one of Australia’s largest distributors and manufacturers of professional audio, lighting and staging products, with an impressive portfolio of quality international and local brands.
Jands has recently secured the distributorship for a leading international lighting agency, expanding its product offerings, therefore the Lighting Department is looking for 2 experienced Lighting Sales & Support Specialists – one based in Mascot, NSW and the other in Port Melbourne, VIC.
The Lighting Sales & Support Specialists shall to assist grow the lighting business in an assigned territory by providing provide a high level of support and training to internal and external stakeholders and by providing design and associated costings of lighting systems in support of the company’s sales efforts.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Lighting Sales & Support Specialists include (but are not limited to):
• providing technical and application support to consultants and end users in a professional and timely manner;
• preparing quotation and tender documents;
• responding to and following up on sales leads and inquiries using appropriate methods, and sharing relevant information with other stakeholders;
• ensuring all activities, opportunities, contacts and details are accurately recorded and maintained in the Company’s CRM system (Salesforce);
• providing market, industry, consumer and competitor information to relevant parties to assist to develop effective sales strategies and competitive advantage;
• assisting to build and maintain market confidence in and awareness of Jands lighting product range by providing exceptional technical support and promotion to internal and external parties;
• being responsible for delivering, conducting and coordinating product training and demonstrations for internal and external stakeholders; and,
• maintaining professional and technical knowledge of the Jands distributed product range by attending training sessions, reviewing supplier websites, establishing personal networks and reading industry publications.
To be considered for this position applicants must meet the essential criteria listed below.
• Minimum 5 years broad industry experience, preferably including experience in leading performing arts venue(s), production companies and/or pro-lighting contractors.
• Broad experience in the design, quotation and troubleshooting of professional lighting systems in applications such as theatres, live production, contracting, etc.
• Demonstrated ability and experience preparing and conducting training for stakeholders on technical content.
• Proven experience working with modern CRM systems (Salesforce preferred).
• Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and communicate (in writing and verbally) with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Current and valid Australian drivers licence.
Applicants should note intra/interstate travel will be required on a regular basis.
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
To apply for these newly created positions, applicants should forward a cover letter addressing the selection criteria above, along with their resume to Human Resources.
Human Resources Department
Locked Bag 15, Mascot, NSW, 1460