For More information visit: http://www.papeople.com.au/index.php/about-us/careers
The P.A. People enjoy an enviable reputation for delivering quality Sound Reinforcement, Performance
Lighting, Audio Visual Systems, Video and Communication solutions over the past 40 plus years with a
strong focus on design excellence, quality workmanship and outstanding customer service.
Our first priority is to understand the needs of our customers and then tailor a solution to meet those
needs. Our engineering based approach has seen the company build an extensive prestige customer
base, some of which are The Sydney Opera House, BOC Gases, Stadium Australia, NSW Parliament
House, Sydney University, Olympic Tennis Centre, The Capitol Theatre, St Mary’s Cathedral and many
The Installed Systems team is the largest group within The P.A. People in terms of revenue generated
and staff numbers. The team’s strength is that it covers every aspect of a solution from the sale, through
design, engineering, installation and commissioning. Our mission is to deliver the right solution at the
right price, on time and with the performance and workmanship quality solutions demand.
As a Junior Installation Technician, you will report to the Installed Systems manager and be supervised
day-to-day under a Senior Installation Technician or Project Manager. You will be required to complete
work tasks on constructions sites, client premises and within our office. These tasks would include
following instructions from senior staff in the installation and mounting of cable and equipment for
audio, AV, lighting, broadcast and control systems, working with product and system schematics.
This would predominately require working in a team environment, though being able to manage
yourself and your own time is highly desirable.
The role will require you to provide and maintain your own basic hand tools.
Good physical health and mobility are required to complete most works and if a health or physical issue
would impair your ability you would need to advise at time of application and limitations.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Daily Tasks may include:
• Review and understand any Installation documentation to gain an understanding of the works
• Installation of Cable including Cable support and opening of Cable pathways.
• Installation of Equipment including mounting brackets and equipment structural supports.
• Testing of cable, equipment and systems upon installation completion.
• Report to senior staff for task updates and communicate task difficulties.
• Complete your timesheet weekly
• Complete works in the order specified on your schedule
• Advise other team members should you need to leave the work area or leave site
Work as a Member of a Team:
• Work as a constructive, reliable team member
• Follow the lead of experienced team members and take the lead as each task requires
• Gain an understanding of our Installed Systems Team and use the three inter-linked sectors to
better serve our customers
• Ensure you are well presented and in uniform at all times
• Ensure you meet WHS requirements including protective equipment relevant to the site you are
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Work as a conscientious and effective member of the site installation team
• Be polite and courteous at all times
• Have an understanding and interest in Audio Visual technology
• Have an understanding of Construction methodologies including cable installations and
structural integrity of materials.
• Possession of a Construction “White” Card is highly desirable
• Possession of an Elevated Work Platform(EWP) “Green” Card is highly desirable
• Other trade related or Audio/Visual qualifications would be highly desirable
• Have Australian residency and hold a current driver’s license.
• Supply and maintain your own hand tools.
This position description is subject to review and change from time to time as the company’s needs
NO AGENCIES PLEASE