HSPA Theatre Manager EOI
|Position Title:||Theatre Manager – Audio Visual Specialist & Technician|
|Position Reports To:||Head Teacher TAS/Business Manager|
|Staff Management:||Supervision of EIT students and Café during performances|
- Coordination and day to day management of all technical and production aspects associated with venue operations while ensuring high quality technical and production service.
- Provide visible and dynamic leadership for all HSPA student technical and production personnel including direct supervision and guidance for student tech crews.
- Responsible for implementation and adherence of Emergency Control Plans and Procedures to ensure the safety of employees, contractors, volunteers, student, teachers and the public attending live performance and events.
- Preparation of cost estimates ensuring the cost effective commitment of technical personnel and resources to live performance events and detail final expenses for client settlement.
- Provide school staff, contractors and clients with operational and technical advice – including Lighting (LX), Sound (SND), Mechanist (MX) and Audio Visual (AV) support and services.
- Develop and maintain all live performance related equipment and inventories and assist with venue asset maintenance and preservation.
- Any other accountabilities or duties as directed by the Principal which are within the employee’s skills, competence and training.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proven experience in a venue operation/technical or production management role(s) in the arts, entertainment, conference venue industries.
- Proven experience in the supervision and management of technical/production service delivery staff across multiple activities.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a team, to work autonomously, and adhere to deadlines.,
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects and procure resources in accordance with DoE purchasing guidelines and Code of Conduct.
- Proven track record in the day-to-day application of asset management in respect to maintenance and acquisition of venue/technical equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to utilise digital management tools for the efficient use and maintenance of resources and time such as Office 365, Sentral Task Management and Seat Advisor ticketing software.
- Demonstrated exemplary interpersonal skills with a commitment to high levels of customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all members of the school community and clients.
- Abreast of the latest industry trends and technology relating to compliant delivery of live performance, functions & events.
- Proven understanding of operating licences and regulations related to the venue/entertainment industry.
- Ability to implement and monitor compliance with WH&S Systems, Emergency Control Plans, Building Code of Australia and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
Hunter School of the Performing Arts is a Year K-12 NSW DoE Central school situated in Newcastle. HSPA is the only fully selective performing arts state school in NSW with an enrolment of 1176 students. Enrolment is by audition only. Our school provides a creative learning environment, where excellence in performing arts subjects is underpinned by outstanding academic and vocational achievement. Staff and students engage in a wide variety of co-curricular programs with outstanding outcomes. The school is committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning programs that reflect 21st Century best practice.
- The successful applicant will be sub contracted to Hunter School of the Performing Arts.
- The applicant must be a registered sole trader or company in order to generate invoices for remuneration.
- Hourly rates as follows:
Normal hours – $35 ex gst
Penalty rates apply after 8hrs excluding breaks and Sundays.
- The position will be for the duration of 2018.
- Please address your skills and abilities to undertake this position in no more than 4 x A4 pages.
- Completed applications to be forwarded to Della Hill, Business Manager, HSPA.
Applications close 5pm Wednesday, 6 December 2017.
Child Protection legislation requires the preferred applicant have a current Working With Children Check clearance.