About Foundation Theatres
Foundation Theatres is an Australian family owned theatre owner and operator. Our venues are two of Sydney’s premier theatres: The Capitol Theatre and Sydney Lyric. Our mission is to operate a series of thriving, internationally renowned, first class theatres.
In this role, your energy and attention to detail is a critical part of making our theatres great venues for our patrons to visit and our presenters, performers, crew and visiting companies to experience. Your ideas, work ethic, workplace pride, team spirit and commitment to safety are respected hallmarks of your role.
The Foundation Theatres team share a passion for the theatre industry in Australia, its product and the people it attracts from diverse backgrounds. Every role within Foundation Theatres requires each of us to be ‘House Proud’ ensuring that our venues are of the finest possible quality in service and physical condition.
We have an exciting opportunity for a person with strong technical skills to join our theatre team. The successful candidate will have exceptional attention to detail and knowledge of the technical elements of theatre. We’re looking for a full-time employee. Hours are 40 hours per week, with a varied schedule including a mixture of day and evening shifts, generally Wednesday to Sunday, though a flexible schedule is required.
• Assist with production bump in and bump outs
• Respond to hirer’s technical requests and needs in a timely and positive manner
• Ensure that the theatre is repaired, maintained and presented to the highest standard
• Conduct daily theatre checks and rectify any faults and issues found
• Record utility meter readings each Sunday night and at the end of Bump Outs
• Operate air conditioning as required during performances
• Supervise technical suppliers and service contractors working in the theatre
• Comply with the theatre’s WHS Policy and Procedures
• Act as Chief Warden in the event of an emergency
• Always be helpful and articulate with the hirer and their staff
• Present in a professional manner
• Assist other theatre departments as required
• Be present during production hours to oversee and assist with production
• Other duties as requested
• 2 + years’ experience in technical field of theatre, including but not limited to lighting, sounds, fly, automation or mechanist
• Affable nature and customer service attitude
• Exceptional time management and ability to multitask
• A positive ‘can do’ attitude and desire to make a difference within the organisation
• Ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also within other theatre environments How to Apply
Please apply with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria and your resume and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5pm Friday 18th October 2019.