Want to work in a brand-new state-of-the-art Theatre? Do you have strong technical ability and people management skills? We want to hear from you! APPLY NOW!
We have a position available for a Head Lighting and Venue Supervisor to join Sydney’s next great theatre, Sydney Coliseum Theatre at West HQ. This landmark new venue is capable of hosting major musicals, concerts, comedy, live music and family entertainment for audiences of up to 2200.
Who’s right for the job?
The successful applicant will have strong technical ability in delivering live events under time constraints and budgets. They will have a proactive nature and identify setbacks as positive challenges and adapt plans and behaviour accordingly. They will be analytical, driven by success and have the ability to adapt their style to the hirer/producer, being able to effectively communicate production requirements to internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
The ability to be an effective leader, oversee staff and foster a positive and efficient team environment is a must. The successful applicant must also be willing to work outside general office hours or on weekends for events as required.
What will you need to be considered?
* Experience in the same or similar role
* Extensive live event experience including musical theatre, concerts and corporate events
* Client Services skills
* High level understanding of production budgets
* Developed people management skills
* Excellent time management and attention to detail
* Understanding of event technical requirements, terms and equipment
* Extensive experience in managing external suppliers to deliver events on time and on budget
* Knowledge and passion for live events (all genres and various demographics).
* Strong literacy skills
* Competency in Microsoft suite of products including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
* Proficient in Smartsheet
* Extensive experience in the live events industry
* Demonstrated existing relationships with major events and performances in Australia
* A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Entertainment or Event Management and Delivery or significant experience in live theatre environment
What we can offer you!
* The opportunity to work in an uncompromising, technical capable and spectacular theatre with a team of Industry professionals
* A complimentary meal provided in our fully catered staff room
* Complimentary gym membership
* Discounted purchases across the business, including, personal training sessions, learn to swim or gymnastics classes, stays at Novotel Sydney West HQ, corporate health fund
* Ongoing support and training
* Free parking
To Apply visit:
Please include a Resume in your application to give us an idea of your skills and experience.
To learn more about Sydney Coliseum Theatre at West HQ visit: