The Palais Theatre is a world renowned historical theatre, the largest seated in Australia with a capacity of nearly 3,000 people. Live Nation, the world’s leading live entertainment company, took over the management lease of the theatre in 2017. Live Nation (also comprised of global leader Ticketmaster) are the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 25,500 shows annually for nearly 3,300 artists across 50 countries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Facilities Coordinator will play a support role in overseeing the Palais Theatre’s overall maintenance functions. The role will assist to ensure this world renowned historical theatre is presented and maintained to a constant high standard, and runs an effective and efficient Back of House operation. The role will at times be required to work nights, weekends and public holidays in line with our events.
– Co-ordinate all preventive & corrective maintenance works for all aspects of the venue
– Monitor the operation of the venue as it relates to maintenance and correcting potential problems noticed prior to equipment/structural failure or deterioration
– Respond to & and arrange for timely repairs for any area requiring emergency repairs with focus on the functionality & presentation of the venue for clients & guests being priority
– Coordinate all contractors and suppliers engaged to inspect, service and maintain systems, equipment etc, ensuring compliance of all those entering the site for OHS requirements
– Ensure all works are quoted, costed, approved & all OHS requirements are attained before any works commence
– Co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of major works and capital works program within budget and agreed timelines
– Ensure all certifications, licenses & service agreements are current and reviewed annually to ensure best value for service is maintained
– Act as BOH Duty Manager when required by way of rostering.
The successful person will have:
– A strong customer and client focus
– A high level of initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills
– High attention to detail
– Excellent organisational skills
– Independently motivated
– Good IT skills, including the use of Word, Excel and Auto Cad
– Able to regularly work nights, weekends and public holidays
– Highly focused on Health & Safety
– Not essential, but highly desirable if you have:
Intermediate Riggers License
Tertiary trade or equivalent building services experience
Sound like the role for you? Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.