Engineering support / – Senior Engineering Support Role.
Name: Murray Hunt
Location: Sydney NSW
Since the Inception in 1983, AVW Limited is a major supplier of technical goods and services to the Broadcast, Pro Audio, AV and ICT industries in Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands and Southeast Asia. We pride ourselves on representing quality brands and strive to provide outstanding Customer service and support. Visit our website: www.avw.com.au
Engineering support / – Senior Engineering Support Role..
The Engineering Support Specialist will assist engineering in providing Tier 2 and 3 support services to clients. Additionally, this position will assist Business Development and Sales Managers in collecting and evaluating data Sydney or ongoing and new projects and be called upon to do some analysis and development work.
Tier 1 support staff will report to this role
Location: Sydney NSW
Key Areas of Responsibility
Support on-going Tier 3 (engineering) Customer support and diagnostic activities.
Serving as the main technical point of contact for strategic clients and prospects (Pre and Post Purchase Support, system integration and SLA support)
In addition, the person in this role will be providing email and telephone support to the company’s’ partners in the following areas:
- Digital Video and Broadcast TV
- IP Networking and IP Multicast
- Integration with 3rd party products
Required: Extensive knowledge in Broadcast, Video and Audio technologies such as IPTV, Video Processing (Encoding/Decoding), Multicast, Digital Video and Conference
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills – You will be syncing with vendors, clients, teams, etc. to help build out/modify new/existing technologies.
- A high degree of Customer-focused sensitivity. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Technical depth in the following areas: COFDM, RG6, QPSK, IGMP, RTSP, UDP, MULTICAST, AD Integration, Linux, HyperV, RDP, HDBaseT, TCP/IP, RTP, QAM, DRM, H323, RG11, RG58, RG59, LDF450, EPG, SI, LCN, MBIT/S, DTT, DAB, DVB, mpegTS, H264, VAST, FreeView, MHEG, Mpeg2, Mpeg3, AAC, AAC/HE, SMPTE, AES, AES3, AES67, ST2110, ST2022
- Excellent PC skills (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Working knowledge of VSWR, http, https, AES128, CAM, IDETO, VIDEOCRYPT, HDMI, SDI, ASI, HD, UHD, 4:4:4, 4K/60, 2K/30, SQL, Dante
- Support for Cable, Digital Terrestrial, Satellite Providers, Over-the-top content delivery provider, Television Broadcast
- A real desire to dig into a complex Digital TV and IPTV ecosystem and get your hands dirty with real-world technical issues.
- A good understanding of Linux, IPTV middleware, Conditional Access Systems, Set-top boxes, and TV applications for STBs, Tablets, Mobile and PC.
- Networking knowledge required, SIP, IPTV, Next-generation Networks, Networking experience/Wireless and Wireline technologies, Video on Demand/Interactive Television/TV & Media Content Management & Processing/Connected Devices/Telecommunication
- Ability to learn a broad range of technologies and apply knowledge to real-world problems.
- Knowledgeable in OTT video implementations
Email us your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com or Ben@avw.com.au