Deputy Head of Sound and AV
Name: Courtney Giles
Thank you for your interest in the Deputy Head of Sound and AV position with the Sydney Theatre Company.
The Deputy Head of Sound and AV assists the Head of Department and Technical Manager in overseeing the smooth operation of the Sound and AV Department.
1. Hours of Work
This position is for an initial two-year fixed term.
The usual hours of work are 40 hours week. However, the nature of working for a theatre company and requirements of this position require a degree of flexibility, and will include overtime work.
2. Wages and Entitlements
• The wage will be commensurate with STC’s Enterprise Agreement.
• 5 weeks annual leave (pro-rata)
• Complimentary tickets to STC productions
• 10.5% superannuation
In order to make your application for this post, please forward your resume and a cover letter demonstrating how you meet each of the following criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that applicants who do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
• Relevant Tertiary Education or extensive industry experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing people and teams in a theatrical context.
• Extensive demonstrated experience in specifying, installing, and operating complex sound and AV systems in a live theatre context. Including the use of digital audio desks (Yamaha, Digico, Midas), and operating software (Qlab, Mac OS)
• Demonstrated experience in studio recording techniques and the use of Logic Audio
• Demonstrated ability to deliver projects in a timely manner, within a set budget and guidelines to achieve a business goal.
• An ability to work in role characterised by occasional peak periods and simultaneous handling of a variety of tasks.
• A working knowledge of the WHS Act 2011 (NSW) and its application in a theatrical context.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 19th November 2018.
To access this complete job pack via our website, please visit: https://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/about/careers
* Must be Australian resident or hold current, appropriate working visa
STC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a safe working environment. We embrace and value diversity and inclusion in the workplace