Location: Milsons Point, Sydney
Halloscream 6 will be lighting up Luna Park Sydney for 5 nights during October and November. Bigger and better than ever, Rise of the Cursed Carnival will includes interactive walk-through experiences that incorporate special effects and live actors. The Park is transformed with theming elements, costumed performers and a full theatrical lighting rig throughout.
About the role:
Reporting to the Production Manage you will be primarily responsible for developing, planning, overseeing and carrying out the production of the creative content for Halloscream.
This role is a physically demanding position requiring you to work with and manage park personnel at all levels. It requires a very hands-on approach and a willingness to tackle lots of new obstacles.
This role includes but is not limited to:
• The design of walk-through maze interiors and exteriors
• Designing and sourcing set pieces and props
• Working closely with the Set & Prop Builder, Scenic Artist, Set Dressers and other personnel on all elements of prop builds and re-theming of existing elements
• Work with the Production Manager to schedule the bump-in and bump-out of Halloscream
• Working with our existing Halloscream sets to re-theme and re-imagine the Park and attractions
• Working with our Marketing Team to deliver a cohesive Halloscream message
• Working with a small team of Set Dressers to deliver the sets during bump-in
• Lighting design in conjunction with our external lighting team
• Coordinating marketing photoshoots and filming opportunities
• Costume design for all performers
• Costume sourcing and maintenance
• Signage design / briefing
• Sound design for all attractions
• Working with and adhering to all budgetary requirements of the event.
• Casting and auditioning performers
• Training and directing performers to fulfil their roles within our Halloscream attractions
• Script writing for all Halloscream attractions
• Ensuring that all attractions are high quality and adhere to all safety requirements in conjunction with our Production Coordinator
• Communicating with all park personnel to deliver a cohesive event across all departments
To be successful you will require:
• Effective leadership and communication skills
• Experience in a creative role delivering large scale theatrical events or productions;
• Theatre / film directing experience
• Experience devising characters and scripts
• Strong user knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience in sound design
• An understanding of lighting design
• Proven time management skills
• Drivers Licence.
• Availability to work full time including some nights and weekends from as soon as possible until 18 November 2018. Specifically you will need to be fully available to work days and/or nights during the event period, 22 October to 9 November 2018.
If you have relevant experience and believe that as the Creative Coordinator you are ready to deliver a high quality, creative, unique and fun experience for all our Guests over the 5 night event then send us your details with a cover letter highlighting you!