Century Venues – Production Manager, Technical Supervisor, Casual Tech Roles
Name: David Banks
Phone: 8075 8100
Location: Various locations in Sydney NSW
The Century Venues Group is seeking applications for Technical AV Staff across a number of positions and skill levels. The positions are located across multiple venues including The Enmore, Metro, Factory Theatre’s and The Concourse at Chatswood
The successful applicant would be reporting to the groups COO and responsible for providing support and delivering production requirements to all hirers and contractors. This is a fulltime position.
Key priorities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and managing production/technical requirements which include all staffing, scheduling, operations and any other logistical requirements in accordance with Century Venues procedures and policies to achieve the delivery of projects and activities
• Creating, managing and controlling budgets (expenses) for the staging of all events/activities and to ensure that all necessary production equipment, materials and staff along with any other expenses are within allocated budget
• Providing specialised technical advice, across a wide range of stakeholders for the creative interpretation and realisation of various activities and events
• Update maintenance and maintain inspection records
• Participate in special projects, including the construction and installation of new equipment and facilities as directed
• Maintain a safe working environment by conforming to all established safety policies and procedures
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement lighting designs.
• Demonstrated ability to interpret and implement sound designs.
• Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and being able to problem-solve quickly and effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and supervise staff and provide a high level of customer services.
• A practical knowledge of other technical systems including lighting, Audio and staging.
• Demonstrated computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications
• Current NSW driver’s licence.
• Demonstrated ability in operating digital sound consoles for varying types of productions.
• Demonstrated ability in operating a lighting desk, creating effects and the use of moving lights.
• Demonstrated ability in rigging and experience in the use of a counter-weight flying system
• Demonstrated ability to rig lighting designs.
• Demonstrated ability to rig sound designs.
• A tertiary qualification in Theatre – Technical
TECHNICAL SUPERVISORS (two positions)
The successful candidates would report to the Technical Manager (Concourse Chatswood) and are responsible for the direct dealings with clients during the preproduction, delivery and post event stages of the event. These positions are heavily admin focused, you will utilise your technical experience to assist and guide clients with their technical requirements whilst still taking a hands on technical role during their events.
Key priorities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Client meetings and site meetings.
• Negotiating with, guiding clients through, and delivering all technical services relating to events at The Concourse.
• Quoting and negotiating quotes with clients.
• Arranging for internal or external staffing, equipment and other resources in advance of the event, booking those resources and ensuring their operation during the event
• Ensuring the most efficient and financially prudent way of resourcing events to maximise venue profitability and client satisfaction
• Ensuring that all of the above are actioned within the prescribed systems within the mandated timeframes and with strict compliance to the methodology and procedure.
• Assist the Technical Team with delivery of events including bumpins, bumpouts, supervision of casual staff, training of staff and operating of events when required.
• Extensive experience in either operation of Audio, Lighting or Stage Management.
• Good general knowledge of all aspects of technical production
• Proven ability in the supervision of technical staff,
• Proven, knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures and best practise within the industry
• Time management and delegation.
• Work flow and prioritisation of tasks,
• The ability to contribute to and formulate Policies, systems and procedures,
• Ability to effectively and efficiently execute, tasks and manage workflow and projects to achieve on-time, on-budget outcomes
• Ability to understand and meet legal compliance issues
• Familiarity with modern computerised systems including cloud based task management software, events booking and managing software and drawing software including AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Visio
• The ability to contribute to and formulate Policies, systems and procedures
CASUAL TECHNICIANS (multiple positions)
Reporting to the Production Manager or Venue Supervisors you will use your Technical knowledge and skills operating, installing and striking events in one of our many venues.
Key priorities are:
• Actively be crewed on and operate shows and events
• Be responsible for and accountable for venue equipment, its operation and maintenance
• As a contact point for clients, servicing their requirements
• Thorough technical knowledge and experience in the setup and presentation of live productions or previous experience working as a technician with professional or community based performance groups
• Thorough knowledge in one or more of the fields of stagecraft, lighting, sound, flying, rigging or basic stage management procedures
• Proven ability to work unsupervised, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to read/interpret technical plans and specifications
• A proven ability to work proactively and flexibly within not only your immediate team but also the entire management group
• A competent standard of oral communication
• A high standard of personal appearance
• A current first aid certificate
• An EWP / Boom license
• A government recognized certification in an appropriate technical discipline.
FOR ALL ROLES
These are not 9 to 5 positions and requires the individuals to work evenings and weekends in accordance with performance schedules. They will require the individuals to have a high degree of flexibility in their work times.
Your application should consist of:
1. A covering letter providing details of how your skills/ability, knowledge, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
2. A CV
3. A Photo image no larger than 70 x 70 pixels and xx b
4. All applicants are requested to provide names and contact details of two referees
Applications Close Friday 6th November 2015