Casual Theatre Technician
Name: Nik Adams
Phone: 02 8426 1807
Location: Belrose NSW 2085
An exciting opportunity exists at the revitalised and renovated Glen Street Theatre for skilled and enthusiastic professional theatre technicians.
Glen Street Theatre is a proud initiative of Warringah Council and an industry leader on Sydney’s North Shore and Northern Beaches, presenting an annual season of professional theatre productions including an annual Main Stage Season, Kids Play – family and children programming stream, Music at the Glen, Literary Lunches and a range of other commercial theatre and music related events.
We are seeking experienced Theatre Technicians who are flexible, customer focused and display our values of respect, integrity, teamwork, excellence and responsibility. Applicants must be able to work well under pressure, have the ability to prioritise tasks, work both unsupervised and within a team environment, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills. Applicants must be available to work rostered shifts and outside normal business hours including both weekends and evenings.
The position is under the Local Government Award and is paid $29.08 per hour (including 25% casual loading) an additional loading is payable for weekend shifts.
You are required to address the below Essential Selection Criteria and upload your responses (in a ‘Word’ document) at the ‘Documents’ page at the application process.
• Thorough technical knowledge and experience in the setup and presentation of live theatre productions and previous experience working as a technician with professional or community based performance groups.
• Thorough knowledge in one or more of the fields of stagecraft, lighting, sound, flying, rigging or basic stage management procedures
• Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral
• Proven ability to work unsupervised, as well as in a team environment
• Ability to read/interpret technical plans and specifications
• Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety principles
How to apply:
• To be considered you must apply on line and demonstrate how you meet the essential selection criteria outlined above. To do this you will need to upload your response (in a word document) at the ‘Document’ page of the application process;
• To apply or for further information, please refer to the employment section of our website www.warringah.nsw.gov.au
• Applications close Monday 12th January 2015.