CASUAL THEATRE TECHNICIAN – WYONG
Name: Simon Koenig
CASUAL THEATRE TECHNICIAN
The Art House, Wyong Shire Performing Arts and Conference Centre (The Art House) is a new contemporary and performing arts centre funded and built by Wyong Shire Council and operated by a private Not for Profit Company.
Due to open April 2016 The Art House is Seeking Applications for Staff to join our Technical & Production casual staffing pool.
The Art House, Comprises:
– A 500 seat Proscenium Arch Theatre with automated full fly tower
– A flexible Studio Theatre space with a 130 people seating capacity
– Operation of technical aspects of performances and events
– Liaise with venue hirers, management and other stakeholders
– Completion of show reports and reports to management as required
– Minimum of 3 years’ operating experience in Audio, Lighting, AV, Flying or Stage Management
– A proven ability to work with high end promoters and clients and to meet and exceed their expectations.
– The ability to function as part of a small team providing mutual assistance to other departments and team members.
– A high standard of personal appearance
– The understanding that this is a hands on position and not a 9-5 job, extensive night & weekend work is required
– Understanding of and Willingness to work within venue WHS and Operating Procedures
– Understanding of SWMS, Risk Assessments as utilised in the Performing Arts Industry
– This role is a key contributor to event delivery and client satisfaction. It is critical that you are service-oriented, problem solution focused, flexible and professionally mature.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications
– Experience with Yamaha Digital Audio Consoles
– Experience with ETC EOS range of Lighting Consoles
– Experience with Automated Fly Tower & Estop System operation
– Rigging / Dogging Licence
– EWP Operation Licence
– Working at Heights Training
– Test & Tag Licence
– First Aid Certificate
– Class C Driver’s License
Successful Applicants will
– Be required to submit to a Working with Children Check.
– Be paid as a Casual Theatre Technicians under the conditions of the Live Performance Award.
– Be rostered dependant on venue and event requirements.
To be considered eligible for this position you MUST respond with the following:
– A cover letter addressing all of the essential criteria
– Your current resume detailing your work history
Applications/Enquiries in relation to this position should be directed to:
Applications Close 4th March 2016
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted