Acoustics, Spatial Audio and Lighting Technical Officer
Faculty of Architecture, Design & Planning
Reference no. 1599/0916
• Provide expert technical support to researchers and students
• Ensure laboratory is compliant with Workplace Health and Safety requirements
• Full-time continuing, remuneration package: $94K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning has an internationally recognised tradition of education and research. The research wing of the faculty is one of the best in the world. We combine cutting edge labs and resources, world-leading researchers and the flexibility and support required for exciting and innovative research.
We are seeking an Acoustics, Spatial Audio and Lighting Technical Officer to provide expert technical support to researchers and students using the Acoustics, Spatial Audio and Lighting laboratory facilities and field equipment. Reporting to the Technical Services & Asset Manager you will:
• provide laboratory research support and assistance to researchers, students and other technical staff working in the laboratory
• maintain the laboratory workplace ensuring that the research, learning and teaching requirements of the work area are met effectively
• ensure laboratory is compliant with Workplace Health and Safety requirements
• prepare reporting and documentation for the work area.
To be successful in the role you will have:
• tertiary qualifications in a relevant field to work in an Acoustic, Spatial Audio and Lighting laboratory
• Demonstrated ability to design, assemble and troubleshoot specialised electronic instrumentation and computer interfacing hardware
• experience using measurement and acquisition software such as Matlab
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 24 October 2016
The University is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications from equity target groups, including women and people with disabilities are encouraged. As the University of Sydney has established a scheme to increase the number of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff employed across the institution, applications from people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are also encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.