# 1 Victorian – Account Manager. Melbourne based
# 2 Account Manager. Sydney based.
Two opportunities exist to join Show Technology in the role of Account Manager; these are full time positions. We are looking for team orientated people with experience in and a passion for entertainment lighting and lighting control.
Your role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Representing our many brands to the greater entertainment industry throughout your allocated territory.
• Visiting and building relationships with venues and customers.
• Designing and recommending lighting and lighting control solutions in complex installations.
• Answering incoming product and technical enquiries.
• Demonstrating lighting and lighting control products to customers and venues.
• Supporting our customers.
Key requirements for the role would be:
• A passion and understanding of entertainment lighting and lighting control
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Ability to work unsupervised and be a ‘self-starter’
• Well-developed written and oral communications skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Strong computer skills
• A positive and happy demeanour
These positions would be ideal for someone who is passionate about entertainment lighting, who has tired of the grind of ‘show’ hours and is seeking a new challenge.
We would like to speak with people who are either just starting out in the industry and would like to learn the distribution chain or have an existing and strong understanding of show lighting and show control, has been in the industry for some time, and is perhaps looking for a change.
Previous sales or account management experience is not essential yet would be viewed as favourable.
Position # 1 is based in Melbourne with a focus on Victorian customers; some intrastate travel is expected, but mostly based in the Melbourne metropolitan area.
Position # 2 is based in Sydney yet has a wider focus and will require regular travel, both interstate and intrastate to visit customers, venues, designers etc in various locations across the country.
Along with a competitive salary, we offer room for advancement within the company and a predominantly 9 – 5 lifestyle, whilst still maintaining contacts within the entertainment industry. Package includes a company smart phone, laptop, tablet and fully maintained company car.
NSW – Customer Service / Internal Sales.
The opportunity exists for someone to join our Sales & Sales support team, based in our Sydney headquarters on a full time basis.
This position would suit either a person looking to get into the entertainment lighting industry full time yet have some lighting knowledge or someone looking for a change from a production/AV environment to a more predictable lifestyle. Potentially, this position provides the successful applicant a clear career path towards a bright future in a more senior sales role within our business.
If you are looking to kick start your career as a professional in Entertainment Lighting? Then this could be it.
You will be helping our customers to provide real lighting solutions for both them and their clients, by providing useful data and product details to help them to be successful. Of course you will get to play with some of the best ‘pro-lighting toys’ available along the way.
A passion for entertainment lighting, preferably with some production company, community theatre, theatre or AV experience would be a good start.
A desire to provide the industry’s highest levels of customer service is essential.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Helping Customers with their lighting query’s
• Providing quotations and recommendations
• Answering product information requests
• Answering customers telephone enquiries
• Sales support (Supporting the sales team)
Previous experience in the lighting industry would be advantageous, yet not essential.
To lodge your interest in any of these positions, please send you resume to email@example.com or call Mark on 0404 898 000.
Applications close Monday 5pm 3rd Feb 2014
Show Technology is Australia’s market leading importer and wholesaler of intelligent lighting, fog and lighting control for the use in television, concerts, theatre, nightclubs and architectural applications. We have a highly experienced and dedicated team committed to excellent customer service and unrivalled quality. Our brand portfolio is exceptional and highly regarded within the industry.
Show Technology is headquartered in Silverwater, NSW with branch offices in Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane. www.showtech.com.au