ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas. It is a masterpiece that belongs to all Australians. Our mission is two-fold:
– We will treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors;
– Everything we do will engage and inspire people through its excellence, ambition and breadth. We will strengthen our central role in Australia’s life and identity.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role works as part of a team to deliver the highest technical services in the field of production support. It provides exceptional customer service across the entire business by working on projects, supporting events, performing maintenance, and managing technical equipment. This position provides technical support services and advice around Opera House systems for communications, paging, sound and video transmission, fibre-optic cabling, and RF. It provides first level support for various systems including those used by Sound, AV, Lighting, and Staging departments. This role upholds relevant technical and WHS standards and contributes to the ongoing development of WHS awareness at the Opera House. It also contributes to the management, development, care and security of the technical equipment at the Opera House and assists in the development of skills and standards within the Theatre & Events portfolio that meet presenter and SOH expectations.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
– Ability to perform key Production Support duties, including incident response, customer service, and being an interdisciplinary technician on duty, to the highest standard.
– Good working knowledge of communications and signal transport systems, including two-way radios; paging and cue light systems; audio and video switchers, routers, and matrices; wired and wireless intercoms; and IP networks.
– Ability to interpret and create relevant event documents and implement Production Support and broadcast production requirements.
– Physical fitness, agility and ability to work at heights.
– Ability and commitment to work on a rotating shift basis.
– Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within teams and across multiple disciplines to ensure completion of work.
– Good communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
– Commitment to abide by Opera House policies, particularly WHS procedures including manual handling techniques.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
1. Can you tell us about the last show/venue you went to or worked on – the kind of technology they were using, how well they used it and what you thought of the technical production generally. Anything you would’ve added, changed, done differently?
2. In this role you will have to establish a relationship and work with a variety of people from many different departments. What skills and experience (from either you professional or personal life) do you have in this area?
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position at http://jobs.nsw.gov.au. Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. Please contact the Jobs NSW Helpdesk on 1800 562 679 should you have any technical enquiries. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Temporary, Flex-Time (average 30 hours per week)
Position No: SOH1076
Salary: Base hourly rate of $34.31, plus a scale penalty of 12.5% ($4.28), and superannuation contribution of 9.5%
Applications Close: Monday 17 July 2017
Enquiries: Jo Nisbet, email@example.com