Merrigong Theatre Company is a not for profit company which operates Wollongong’s premier performing arts venues, Illawarra Performing Arts Centre and the Wollongong Town Hall. The company also commissions, produces, presents and tours professional theatre.
The Head of Lighting position is required to lead the planning and realisation of the lighting requirements of incoming shows and assist with in-house Merrigong productions. The position plays a key role in our technical department and will work with the team in delivering all technical aspects for a variety of theatre performances and events.
The successful candidate for the role will need to show a high level of initiative, strong communication skills and relevant industry knowledge and experience. They will also contribute to a positive team and work culture.
Merrigong encourages applications from diverse backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds and people with disabilities.
The position will require the candidate to undertake the following tasks.
• Create lighting designs as required and assist venue hirers to realise their technical lighting requirements given the venue’s capabilities.
• Liaise with incoming production companies as required and provide a high level of customer service to all venue users.
• Create documentation to effectively communicate plans and schedules to your colleagues and venue users.
• Lead event crew on the floor to realise the requirements of productions.
• Be able to fill in for the Production and Technical Manager by inputting and retrieving data from the event management system, reconciling timesheets and hirer reconciliations and finalising estimates for upcoming shows.
• Work with the Production and Technical Manager to ensure that the Company’s technical department runs safely and professionally at the highest possible standard, and that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to.
• Participate in, and lead where necessary, the bump-in and bump-out of productions and events.
• Act as duty technician when required.
• Assist in and coordinate the maintenance of the Company’s lighting equipment.
• Contribute to asset management planning and capital infrastructure expenditure.
• Be responsible for the continuing improvement of all lighting equipment resources.
FOR FULL DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY PLEASE GO TO OUR WEBSITE www.merrigong.com.au
Applications close: 5 pm Monday 19 February 2018