City Recital Hall hosts, presents and produces over 240 concerts and events each year. Located in the heart of Sydney’s CBD, the 1238-seat Hall is recognised for its world-class acoustics ideally suited to performances of fine music, and increasingly, for presentations of a diverse range of contemporary performances including jazz, indie, pop and soul, as well as presentations, talks and conferences.
There are currently positions available for experienced casual Theatre Technicians to join our team in the City Recital Hall Technical Services Department.
Working collectively as part of a small multi-disciplinary team during events, Technicians work with the Technical Team and the Concert and Event Team to deliver concerts and events to an international standard, while maintaining a high level of customer service.
A minimum of two years professional experience in Audio, Lighting, Staging or AV is a prerequisite for these positions, as is a current NSW Working With Children Check.
Key Duties and Selection Criteria
• Installing and rigging lighting, sound, staging and AV equipment throughout the venue, including in the auditorium and foyers
• Assisting visiting technical crews and companies with bump in/out within the venue
• Operating lighting, sound, staging and AV equipment for a variety of performance types including corporate events, orchestra and chamber recitals and contemporary music
• Ensuring that all Workplace Health and Safety regulations are adhered to within the venue facilities, and that best industry practice is applied
• Communicating clearly and effectively with a wide range of clients, customers and staff
• A methodical and effective approach to problem-solving technical issues that arise
• Ensure safe and efficient use of lighting, audio, staging and AV equipment
• Be able to work as part of a team and, if required, unsupervised
• Operate all equipment under venue and safety guidelines
• Keeping technical areas clean and tidy, and free from hazards
• Other duties as required and directed by the Technical Services Manager. Technical Coordinator and/or Technical Stage Manager and Venue Technician
• This position may involve working at heights, and may involve moderate heavy lifting
All applications should include a current CV and details of at least two referees.
All enquires and applications can be submitted to:
Technical Services Manager
02 9231 9030